The main advantages of pre-tensioning technologies being performed by stretching (tensioning) reinforcement in the concrete (post-tensioning) are the following:
- substantial cost savings on materials (concrete up to 25% and reinforcement – up to 70%);
- reduction of the overall height of the building due to the reduced thickness of floor slabs without changing a storey height;
- thinner floor slabs reduce the load on foundation;
- extended length of the spans with thinner floor slabs give greater freedom in development of architectural and engineering solutions;
- monolithic structural integrity in comparison with a prefabricated structural solution;
- application of the stressed tendons allows reaching vertical load balance and reducing overall vertical deformation of slabs;
- substantially reduced weight of the structure which is especially important for building construction in areas of high seismic activity.
In addition, the application of post-tensioning of reinforced concrete constructions allows:
- achieving an exceptional design flexibility and enhancing esthetics of the structure;
- achieving an increased resistance and stability of the structure;
- reducing construction time efficiently;
- designing sustainable constructions requiring minimal maintanance.
All the above-mentioned advantages you can realize with the help of our specialists being involved in design stage and tensioning works of reinforcement on site.